This report from the Canadian Real Estate Association covers the the western region of Southern Georgian Bay Association of Realtors, including; Collingwood, The Blue Mountains, Wasaga Beach, Clearview, Grey Highlands and the Municipality of Meaford.
Residential Single Family Homes – February 2016
The residential single family home market continued the record breaking trend of increased number of units sold and low inventory. The numbers below do not include condo sales.
- 159 single family homes sold in February, an increase of 39.5% over February 2015
- new listings down 5.5% and overall listings on the system down 32.1%
Single Family Residential Sales by Area February 2016 / 2015
Clearview, followed by Wasaga Beach and Collingwood saw an increase in the number of homes sold while The Blue Mountains and Meaford had fewer unit sales.
- 19 homes sold – an increase of 137.5%
- 12 month average price down -0.7%
- 41 homes sold – an increase of 13.9%
- 12 month average price up 4.8%
The Blue Mountains
- 20 homes sold, a decrease of -28.6%
- 12 month average price up 14.3
The Municipality of Meaford
- 5 homes sold, a decrease of -64.3%
- 12 month average price up 8%
- 68 homes sold – an increase of 70%
- 12 month average price up 9.3%
All Property Types in the Western Region
- total listings down 15.1% over February 2015
- 288 total units sold – an increase of 25.8%
- sales dollar volume up 30.2%
- sales in the $800,000 to $1,000,000 were up 133%