This report covers the Western Region of The Southern Georgian Bay Association of REALTORS® which includes Wasaga Beach, Springwater, Clearview Township, Collingwood, The Blue Mountains, Municipality of Meaford and Grey Highlands.
Residential sales recorded through the MLS® System of the Southern Georgian Bay Association of REALTORS® continued to set new records over year-ago levels in June 2016.
All Real Estate – Western Region
- June 2016 real estate sales, including residential and non-residential numbered 309, an increase of 14% on a year-over-year basis.
- Total sales dollar volume for all real estate sales in the Western Region for the month of June was $111,737,695,up 27% over the same period last year, while sales dollar volume is up 32% year-to-date.
Residential Real Estate Western Region
- Residential Sales numbered 287, a 19.6% increaseover the same period in 2015. This marked a new all-time record and was the second month to ever see more than 250 sales.
- Residential listings – 372 new listings for the month of June, up 18.8% and total number of listings in the system – 652, down by -32.1% year to date. This is the first month in 2016 where the number of new listings increased over the same period last year.
These local markets were up from the same period in 2015:
- Clearview: 22 units sold – an increase of 2% over June 2015. The 12 month average price increased 21% to $427,587
- Collingwood: 50 units sold – an increase of 16.2% over June 2015. The 12 month average price increased 15.4% to $405,637
- The Blue Mountains: 19 units sold -an increase of 18.75% over June 2015. The 12 month average price increased 2.2% to $621,332
- Municipality of Meaford: 17 units sold –an increase of 21.4% over June 2015. The 12 month average price decreased 1.85% to $307,667
- Wasaga Beach: 78 units sold – an increase of 18.2% over June 2015. The 12 month average price increased 9.55% to $327,953