This report covers the Western Region of The Southern Georgian Bay Association of REALTORS® which includes Springwater, Clearview Township, Collingwood, The Blue Mountains, Municipality of Meaford, Wasaga Beach and Grey Highlands.
The month of August was yet again record setting – Sales in our local area, the western region market show a staggering increaseover the same period last year in sales dollar volume and number of units sold.
- August 2016 real estate sales, including residential and non-residential numbered 305, an increase of 45% on a year-over-year basis.
- Total sales dollar volume for all real estate sales in the Western Region for the month of August was $119,605,759 ,up 58% over the same period last year, while sales dollar volume is up 32% year-to-date.
Residential Real Estate Western Region
- Residential Sales numbered 258, a 32.3% increase over the same period in 2015.
- Residential listings – 234 new listings for the month of August, down -18.8%, and total number of listings in the system – 488, down by -46.9%.
- Clearview: 17 units sold – the same number as August 2015. The 12 month average price increased 29.2% to $464,436. Year to date sales volume (number of units sold) is up 43.3%.
- Collingwood: 45 units sold – an increase of 55.2% over 29 units sold in August 2015. The 12 month average price increased 13.9% to $417,399. Year to date sales volume is up 14.6%
- The Blue Mountains: 29 units sold – an increase of 81.2% over 16 units sold in August 2015. The 12 month average price increased 1.1% to $610,440. Year to date sales volume is up 7.5%.
- Municipality of Meaford: 26 units sold – an increase of 136.4% over 11 units sold August 2015. The 12 month average price increased 7.5% to $329,978. Year to date sales volume is up 8.6%.
- Wasaga Beach: 65 units sold – an increase of 50% of 44 units sold over August 2015. The 12 month average price increased 7.3% to $330,724. Year to date sales volume is up 28.9%