The Fall Colours in Collingwood & Blue Mountains are some of the best in Ontario.
Here are two drives selected by The Apple Harvest Festival, one starting in Thornbury and the other starting in Collingwood.
DRIVE 1 [1.5 hours]
- Start in Thornbury on the main street where Hwy26 meets Bruce St. (Grey Rd.13)
- Turn left and head south to Clarksburg (now Marsh St.– also Grey Rd.13) (2km)
- Continue along Grey Rd.13 past Heathcote towards Kimberley (16.8 km)
- Look for sign for Beaver Valley Cidery on your left.
- Retrace back along Grey Rd. 13 (heading north 3.1km)
- Turn right on Grey Rd. 119 and head east to Ravenna (10.4km)
- Enjoy great views of the Beaver Valley, Georgian Bay and on to Banks (5.5km)
- Continue East past Scenic Caves down the Escarpment to the roundabout (7.6km)
- Stay right in the roundabout to catch Grey Rd. 19 into Collingwood (6.2km) or
- Stay left in the roundabout to take Grey Rd.19 into Blue Mountain Village (1.6km)
DRIVE 2 [1 hour]
- Start in Collingwood on First Street (Hwy 26). Travel west along Hwy26.
- Turn left at the Craigleith Heritage Depot (Grey Rd. 19) (9.7km)
- Drive along the base of the ski hills and Blue Mountain Village until you arrive at the Roundabout (3.3km)
- Follow signage to head uphill toward Scenic Caves (Grey Rd.119) (3.4km)
- Continue straight on to Banks (4.5km)
- Turn right at Banks (4th Line/Sideroad 21) and follow along past Loree Forest (Bruce Trail access point) to Victoria Corners (Grey Rd 2) (8.7km)
- Watch for the vineyards! (Georgian Hills Vineyard)
- Turn right, head down the hill to Clark St.–just before Hwy 26 (8.8km)
- Turn left to go into Clarksburg and and on to Thornbury (2.0km) or
- Continue straight to Hwy 26, turning right, then right again at the Craigleith Heritage Depot, to return to Blue Mountain Village (16.7km)
Visit my Events Page for links to all the area activities and event schedules.