The comprehensive Mortgage Calculator can help you compare different options side by side. To use the calculator, enter the purchase price, and select your amortization period and mortgage rate. Then you can see how your payment will be affected by the size of your down payment and frequency of payments. The calculator also shows you what the land transfer tax will be, and approximately how much cash you’ll need for closing costs. You can also use the calculator to estimate your total monthly expenses, see what your payments will be if mortgage rates go up, and show what your outstanding balance will be over time. It is a good idea to use the calculator to determine what you can afford before you start looking at real estate listings.
Mortgage Payment Calculator
Land Transfer Tax
- Ontario Land Transfer Tax Calculator and Guide
- Calculating Land Transfer Tax, Ontario Ministry of Finance
- Land Transfer Tax Refunds for First-Time Homebuyers, Ontario Ministry of Finance
First Time Home Buyers
Government Programs for Ontario Home Buyers
- Ontario Energy and Property Tax Credit
- Ontario Healthy Homes Renovation Tax Credit
- Ontario Senior Homeowners’ Property Tax Grant
Foreign Home Buyers
Fuel and Driving Cost Calculators for Commuting Costs
- CMHC – Canada Government Programs for Home Buyers
- CMHC Mortgage Insurance
- Condominium Buyer’s Guide
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Website
- CMHC Home Buying Step by Step Guide – Everything you need to buy a home in Canada.
Download the guide and workbook for complete information and customized calculators. Save your workbook regularly to track your budget, calculations and notes.